Samsung NC310

Tuesday, March 24, 2009


A few months ago, I was reading somewhere that Samsung reported its first losses in the last 20 years or so. I don't know if this is the truth, but I think this happened simply because they started to manufacture everything, from washing machines to hammers(I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't be amazed to find a screwdriver or a hammer labeled "Samsung"), and they lost focus somehow. Now, they are coming up with a concept that, at least to me, sounds ridiculous: "high-end netbook!"

This new piece of technology from Samsung was designed eliminating the LCD frame, also having a smooth pebble look on the outside. The design looks well, but I really hate the way they combined black and red. To me, blue/black or even black/gray would have been more attractive.

Anyway, if we leave the design aside, we have a 1.23kg netbook with a 10.1-inch display having a 1024x600 native resolution that uses an unspecified Intel Atom processor, 1GB of memory, 160GB HDD, Wi-Fi, HSDPA, WiBRO, Bluetooth 2.0, 3-in-1 card reader, 1.3MP camera, 3 USB ports and chiclet styled keyboard. Not bad, but still far from "high-end," in my opinion.

At last, let's see some good news and bad news related to the Samsung NC310. The good part is that Microsoft Windows XP Home with SP3 will be the OS offered with this netbook. The bad one? Well, we have no idea about pricing and availability, but most chances are the Samsung NC310 will arrive next month, for a price of over $500-$550, I guess.



0 comments:

Use The Below Code To Use Emoticons In your Comments

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails