ASUS Eee PC 1004DN

Tuesday, March 31, 2009


I love the ASUS Eee PC. How many times did I say it so far? I guess a few times not enough, so let me say it again - I love the ASUS Eee PC! Don't get me wrong, I am not some ASUS fanboy - for example, most of their optical drives are really bad-bad-bad, but I hope they're not going to use some ASUS drive in the Eee PC 1004DN.

Yup, you got that right - soon, we'll get the first netbook from ASUS featuring the thing a lot of people were missing - the optical drive! Just think about the fact that even larger portables - like the MacBook Air - don't have an internal optical drive, and you'll get an idea about the great inspiration behind this move.

I will be honest and I will confess that I have no idea about any other netbook to feature any kind of optical drive, but if you know anything about such a wonder, don't hesitate to drop a comment below. Now, here's what ASUS has to say about this - "The Eee PC™ 1004DN is the first in the Eee PC™ range to feature a Super-Multi optical disc drive, enabling users to read and write optical discs for convenient data back-ups."

That's pretty cool, and here you have the technical specifications:

Display 10” wide active matrix LED backlight TFT, WSVGA 1024x600 pixels, 252K colors max
Dimensions 277mm x 194mm x 27.4-34mm
Weight 1.45kg with HDD (with 6-cell battery and ODD)
Battery Li-Ion 57.72WHrs - 6 cells, 5200mAh
Processor Intel® N280 1.66GHz Processor with 512k L2 Cache
FSB 667MHz 2.5W TBP thermal
Chipset Intel GN40
ICH9Mb (Integrated GMA 4500M graphics core)
Main Memory 1 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 2GB DDRII DRAM
Storage Up to 1.8” PATA 120GB, 4200 RPM
Communications Built-in Bluetooth® v2.1 module
802.11n, Support Antenna x 2
Camera 1.3 Megapixel Video Camera
Microphone Array Mic
Keyboard Keyboard: W:254mm chiclet type
Audio Hi-Definition Audio CODEC, Built-in high quality stereo speakers

Unfortunately, there's no word out about pricing and release date, but since ASUS released the specs and official photo into the wild, I guess you won't die waiting...


0 comments:

Use The Below Code To Use Emoticons In your Comments

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails