Lenovo NVIDIA Ion, Incoming!

Saturday, February 21, 2009



When it comes to notebooks, I always had something pulling me back. In the end, I guess it's only the fact that I am an old-fashioned guy, and nothing more. When I'll really need to go on the road and have my computer with me, grabbing some notebook won't be that hard, I am sure of it, but in the meantime, it's my pleasure to watch as the industry is moving forward. Today, the time has come once again to take a look at lenovo...


Unfortunately, we're not going to talk about a new lenovo laptop. Fortunately, the topic is pretty interesting, since the NVIDIA Ion platform looks great in theory, and lenovo may become the first to turn it into a notebook. A small one, of course. A netbook, to be more accurate.


According to early reports, Ion's graphics are expected to be much faster than Intel's 945 series currently used by most notebooks, systems using this new platform being capable of running games like Call of Duty 4 on lowered settings, and even play 1080p video, while using the Intel Atom processor. Yes, my friends, COD 4 and 1080p graphics on netbooks! Isn't this impressive?


Now, the latest rumors claim that lenovo is asking its contractor, Wistron, to build 11.6- and 12.1-inch IdeaPads for the spring, expecting to get inside them the GeForce 9400M-level graphics of Ion and an Intel Atom processor. Even more, a 13-inch model may also arrive, using about the same platform.


The way things seem to go, we'll probably have the first NVIDIA Ion-based notebooks by this summer, although I wouldn't bet on lenovo or any other company to become the first to field them...



0 comments:

Use The Below Code To Use Emoticons In your Comments

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails